AVAILABLE SHORT-TERM CONTRACT (2 months)
Karoo to Coast Biosphere Route Developer
Closing date 15 July 2022
The Garden Route and Gouritz Cluster Biosphere Reserves are seeking an individual with strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills who can take the first steps to initiate the development of the Karoo to Coast Biosphere Route, a walking trail focused on delivering human wellness benefits.
Responsibilities and key activities:
- Formulate the Karoo to Coast Biosphere Route by identifying and nurturing relationships through meetings and workshops with key stakeholders for the purposes of facilitating the public-private-citizen partnership.
- Map a viable route and sites of interest along the route which crosses both the Gouritz Cluster and Garden Route Biosphere Reserves.
- Pursue funding for the future development of the Karoo to Coast Biosphere Route in collaboration with the Chief Executive and Chair of the Garden Route Biosphere Reserve.
- Introduce the language of nature allied wellbeing by assisting with the generation of content for digital media.
Through the appointment of a route developer the following outcomes are expected:
- A mapped, proposed Karoo to Coast Biosphere Route indicating sites of interest.
- Established relationships and the foundations for public-private-citizen partnerships with communities associated with the route.
- Project reports.
- A digital presence for nature-allied well-being and the Karoo to Coast Biosphere Route.
- Contributions to a funding proposal for future development of the Karoo to Coast Biosphere Route.
The following skills would be an advantage for successful applicants:
- Good communication and collaboration skills for stakeholder engagement.
- Project management skills.
- Good writing skills.
- Mapping skills.
Forward your application with a motivational letter, CV, relevant copies of qualification and identification to Ms Aneri Roos – firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of July 2022.
Employment equity is important to the biosphere reserves and preference will be given to equity candidates. If you have not been responded to within 21 days after the closing date, do note that your application has been unsuccessful.